Tuesday 31 March 2009

Earth Hour

In conjunction with Earth Hour, I'm typing in green. Hahaha. So anyway, did y'all switch off for it? I remember asking some of my friends if they were offing off for Earth Hour. Lol.

I am proud to say that I did switch off for Earth Hour =D Initially, I didn't plan to b'cos I thought that my family wouldn't. But the day before 28th March, Mum was like, "Tomorrow we light candles around the house, OK?" And I'm like, "For what? Earth Hour?" And she was nodding so fervently like it was a given that our family would be supporting Earth Hour. Haha. When I told Jo, he was like, "Dad can survive Earth Hour meh?" Lol.

So, Earth Hour is like some kinda large-scale event to promote awareness on climate change. Everyone thinks that the environment is deteriorating b'cos we humans are doing activities which are detrimental to the surroundings. But I am here to tell all of you that planet Earth is dying not b'cos of deforestation, ozone depletion, etc. It is, in fact, b'cos of this boy below:


Yes, this boy with that inconspicuous, innocent smile is Earth's NO. 1 ENEMY! Hahaha. Why, you ask? It is b'cos my dear brother, Josiah Hoi has a terrible habit of keeping the electricity on in every single room he leaves. And he never realizes it! Everytime I see one of the rooms in the house with the lights and fan on and no one inside, I just know it's his fault. Earth Hour has not helped to raise his awareness one bit. Lol. He still repeats his habit. Oh well... Here's to hoping that he'll break the habit XD

1 comment:

Soon Chia said...

your brother needs to learn how to save earth!