Tuesday 11 January 2011

Happy New Year!

I know I am 11 days late, but Happy New Year! Haha. I have been so inconsistent, but that is only because I have been so busy. December was the craziest month ever. Sarawak - Hong Kong - Ipoh - Singapore. Luas permandangan, jauh pengalaman. Lol.

But now I'm back. And for once, being at home doesn't feel like I'm waiting in transit. I can actually sit at home and say to myself, "I'll be here for awhile." Haha.

Anyway, my 2010 has been a good year. Got off to a rough start but it's the ending that matters, yes? My ending was a great one. I ended on a high note. Once again, the only things that you remember at the end of a year is the people that made it awzum. It's the same for me. But I don't really wanna name any names. Haha.

Other than that, last year really taught me a lot, and most of it in the month of December. Haha. It is strange that you learn your lessons at the very last moment. I can only say that before this I thought I saw everything clearly, but after December, I've gained some perspective. Very little matters. Life can be stripped down to two things - people and GOD. But many things get in the way. And you forget to check to see if you're really seeing things clearly. Sooner or later, you just assume that everything is clear and just as they're supposed to be - that the way you view the world is correct, that what you think is important really is important.

Together with what I mentioned, I also learned the importance of discipline. Everything requires discipline. Sitting here and typing out my thoughts requires discipline. (And clearly, I have not exercised much discipline in regards to my blog. Nyehehe.)

In closing, I cannot tell you much about 2011 yet. All I know is that this year is scarier than last year for me. I was sort of freaking out last year... and the year before that, and before that. Haha. I wish that I would stop getting so worked up about a new year, because each year is just going to be scarier. You just gotta learn to take it easy each year. Little by little, as the year progresses, you figure out more about the year, and it becomes more familiar and less scary. But just before things get boring, thank goodness for surprises. Hehe. So here's to wishing you an inspired year - full of good, great things and also bad things (to remind you that the good things truly are good) and altogether, they're worth remembering.  

No comments: