Sunday 26 March 2006

Drama Part II

It was the highlight of my week... the drama! As I sat quietly in Mr. Teh's Science class, I could see the rest of the classes preparing for their drama. I took some time to muster all my courage (cause we asked him earlier and he said that the "drama has nothing to do with me" - we're not asking you to practice with us also!) and said, "Um, teacher, can you excuse the drama members because we have to prepare for our drama... as all the classes are already ready?" He looked at me and heaved a sigh.

"You know I don't want to let you all go out. If you're in the class wi-out me there, any-cing might happen. Who knows? Maybe the fan might suddenly dop on you, or maybe you all go stand on chair... It's hard to say." HUH?! Like that wouldn't happen if you were around, either. "So if you want me to let you all go prac-ice, you must call your subject teacher come and speek to me furst. If not, I can't give you all go."

So I went out and found Pn. Pari. But she said, "Never mind, just stay put in his class." And she didn't sound very happy. When I returned to the lab, I told Mr. Teh what Pn. Pari said. "See, even your English teacher don't want take risk. Anything can happen. Unfor-nate things... Haih, nowadays s-udents think they're the biggest."

2H was the only class that wasn't allowed enough time to prepare. We rushed and got ready, but when we reached the hall, the first class was already performing. Luckily, we weren't the first.

2S - True Relationships
I didn't really understand this one... marriage, help, defense... whatever.

2E - Anjali
This was a case of seen-it-all-before, because they did this in primary. But this time it wasn't that fun, though. The roti canai-throwing scene didn't go as smashing as was imagined. However, the violence was really great! When Robyn punched Catherine, gosh, that is dead brutal and so well executed.

2D - Phantom of the Opera
I was expecting this to be really grand, but it was rather slow. The part where Ciu Yi was supposed to sing "Think of Me" didn't work out, because the radio was darn soft. Stupid radio! CWC's narration had quite an oomph! But she was really frust when they were overtime. The drama was left hanging.

2H - Puss in Boots
OK, I know this is my class's performance, so I might be writing a lot more. Since I was the narrator, and experienced everything first-hand. Here goes:

We began shakily. I started with the greeting, and continued with "The cast is... " And, for real, I think I kept on going "Uh, cast... ?" for nearly a minute. When they appeared, I read from the top again. Haha. Everything was alright, until the scene where Joanna as the miller's son wore the King's clothes. I was so caught up, and narrated before she was even changed. So I waited and waited, and I could see them struggling backstage. I'm sorry, guys! That was my fault. And one more snag was the Witch scene. I kept on going for one sentence, and saw that Puvanaeswary wasn't there... She wasn't there! I slowed down, so I sounded like this, "... lived... in a... cas---tle... near---by." Then she appeared, haha. But I think we did alright. Most important thing is we had fun!

2M - Mean Mother Madeline
Seriously, this has got to be the best! It was really lavish, really catchy, really comedic. Just... everything! But they were dead overtime. However, I still think they'll win. It was so cool.

The spunky part of this drama was Michelle and Amanda's roles as the evil sisters. They were so cool... with medieval age bling-bling and secret handshakes. Very nice! And there was the entertainer, played by Jesseca Long with the big Afro hairdo and the cheap tricks. Haha. Good job! That was smashing!

2P - Girls Just Wanna Be Mean
One of the most anticipated of all dramas. You can tell by the title that this is gonna be sensitive, and so it was. All miniskirts and pouty faces... whoa! The dance moves were cool, very nice... but the acting was really B-class - maybe C, haha. And the narrator went "In this drama, there are many moral values... " Everyone in the hall most probably smirked at that. The main part of this drama was the dance scene, it took nearly 4 minutes. The lead dancer was hogging the limelight most of the time. She did the dance moves well, but the way she acted, very "Mean Girl"-style, and a total mirror image of who she really is. Nevertheless, the drama was really fun. And FYI, they danced to "Beep" by Pussycat Dolls. Catchy? Yes!

2K - The 21st Century Ella
Obviously this drama took after the entire movie. A total screen adaptation. Sure, this one received lots of whoops and whistles, but only because the one who played the charming prince role was Tharshini. I don't get it! Just when you think it would be over, the curtain draws open once again. It's pretty messy. All the time I just see people rushing around and at the front, the prince kisses the girl's hand. Flowers... kisses... hands... the works. But, you know, I have to admit it, Pei Zhen's hairdo was pretty impressive =D

2T - The Buffalo and the Bell
I couldn't hear anything from this, although I was sitting at the front part. But still, I was really eager to watch it. I didn't know what was happening and where the story was going... so no comment on this. But, hey, Cuz, you didn't get embarrassed... now did you? I don't think so, haha.

That's the lowdown on the dramas performed. Will let you know the results when they're out. Hope none of my comments are taken as an insult. Apologies on my behalf if they did. Sorry!

So after that I went to 2D to get my Phantom of the Opera and Harry Potter 4 OSTs back, but CWC wanted to borrow it. The radio was on, so Sue Wen grabbed my PotO OST and put it into the radio. She turned to Track 10, "Masquerade" and took out her scorebook. Oh, what fun! Me and her were singing our hearts out with not a care in the world. The other students were looking at us, but that didn't really bother us. Gosh, I thought there was no one I knew that shared the same liking for soundtracks as I do! Haha.

The rest of the day was just studying. B-O-R-I-N-G! Now there goes the drama... the thing I was waiting for and all excited about... but it'll have to end sooner or later =)

1 comment:

Lady Knight said...

hey you and the rest of the class did GREAT in the drama! it's very impressive and i say they did better than us last time!!!

by the way you describe it, mean mother madeline looks like a great hit! but i'm sure you and your class did the best also.

whatever place your class get, you've done the utmost best you all can and i salute all of you! all the best!

oh ya, pass my 'thumbs up' to your acting crews and prop members. ^^