Sunday 25 June 2006

Hari Kad KECEMERLANGAN!

There're different perceptions for "REPORT CARD DAY" which is either viewed as a dreaded day or an opportunity to have fun, mainly because you flunked or you excelled. In my case, there was nothing to worry about cause my grades were passable. And coupled with a few forbidden stuff, I view "REPORT CARD DAY" as the latter =D

Anyway, 2H was watched over by Pn. Fauziah, so me and Yan Teng had to watch where we kept our mp3 players. Hehe. But when she went out, we took the chance to take some pics! Here, got 2 before the teacher returned:

Quick, snap!
Where's the tie, man?
After breaktime, we returned to class and I was to man the table outside where my peranan was as such:
a) welcome the parents
b) get them to sign that slip of paper on that table
c) show them in
d) tell them to sit if there're a few of 'em waiting outside
But lucky me, my friends love me so much that they didn't want me to do all that hard work by myself, LOL! And the outcome? Look below:

Appears I didn't have to do my work full time, cause not only the both of them manned the table, so did Lavenya. Haha... friends really are useful sometimes, ey?

OK, now about the parents. There was quite a variety: a mum who bothered about us talking on the mobile with her there, a mum who didn't like having to sign, and a suspected to be vaguely flirting dad
. I have to tell you about that last one! He's the father of L** L* Ch***. I'd rather keep her identity partially secret. Hehe. Anyway, I was at the table and this man came up.

Me: Sir, pls write your name here and your daughter's name here.
Dad: I don't know how to write wor.
Me: Err... Sir, pls write your name here and your daughter's name here... then sign.
Dad: I really don't know how to write. You write for me lah. [Winks at Lin Kee while Lavenya goes "Gasp... !"]
Me: Um... O-K, what's your name?
Dad: L** Ah S***.
Me: All right.
Dad: Your handwriting nice oh.
Me: [Laughs slightly]
Dad: [About to enter class, stops then turns to look at me] What's your name ah? [Eyes my name tag]
Me: Uh, Amanda.
[After he enters the class]
Lin Kee: OMG, what's wrong with him?
Lavenya: He winked at Lin Kee!
Me: HAHAHAHA!!!

While doing our work, we were visited by a few ppl.
#1, Mr. Choo:

#2, Robyn & Wee (who took the pic):
#3, Melia:
OK, now about "REPORT CARD DAY". Aunty Lay Leng acted as my aunt because my mum couldn't make it. So, all Pn. Pari said was "She's the class president, my right-hand, without her I'd be quite helpless... efficient, responsible... Her grades are fine, but it'd be nice to see all As... " I'm sure many of you know already anyway. Haha.

When most of the parents were already there, me and my friends just messed around the table cause it seemed there would be no more customers. Hehe. And at that moment I felt my mobile vibrate in my pocket... *gasp*... Who could it be? There, flashing on the screen was Gerard. LOL!

Gerard: Amanda, I'm looking at you now.
Me: Huh? What? Where?
Gerard: I'm in front of my sister's class.
Me: Eh? Um... oh yeah! Haha. HI! (Waves)
Gerard: (Waves back)
Me: What're you doing here?
Gerard: Taking report card for my sister.
Me: I see. Man, this is so weird. We're looking at each other and talking.
Gerard: Haha, yeah. [Anita nudges me and Lavenya looks at me with slitted eyes] I can see your friends are disturbing you.
Me: Haha, yeah.
Gerard: OK then. I'll leave you to do your things. Bye! =)
Me: Hehe, all right. Bye-bye.

LOL! That's how it was.

Then before I left, I took this pic with Catherine:

All my friends were still there when I left, so T_T I kind of missed out a bit. But I called them thru Anita's mobile phone (good thing you brought!) and talked and talked. I tried to listen in on Lavenya's session with Pn. Pari, but Lavenya was like, "We're speaking in Tamil-lah, mangkuk!" She's been saying that a lot lately... haha, but nvm. So, that was all, and here, Cuz, is my 3rd post since you were asking for the 3rd one in the tagboard =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»