Thursday 17 May 2007

Learn to Trust the Master

What I shared at devotion today, for my devotion buddies, this post is gonna be about the same thing. But it's not just about exams. It's a situation God used to show me. And everything is so timely.

Abandoned. How does it feel to feel abandoned? Bad. Really. But I'm just feeling abandoned, I'm not abandoned. I know that. But we humans rely so much on feelings and forget the promises of God in the Bible. He cares for me. He cares for you. He cares for all. That will never change. It hasn't changed since the beginning of time until now.

I release my worries and petition them in prayer before Him. And though I still don't feel His presence, I know I have to trust Him. I'm learning... to breathe. Heard of that song? Switchfoot. Yes. That's the one. 'This is the way that I say I need You. This is the way that I'm learning to breathe. I'm learning to crawl. I'm finding that You and You alone can break my fall.'

I read a devotion e-mail which I got today. It tells a story of a guy who brings his dog to a car wash. It never occurred to him that the car wash would scare his dog. But it did. He could see why. For his dog was faced with something new and scary. “Don’t panic. The car wash was my idea.” “I’ve done this before.” “It’s for the car's good.” Ever tried to explain a car wash to a canine? Hopeless. It'll never work. And so it was the same for the guy. His dog continued howling with fear.

Isn't that the same as us? God speaks to us. His quiet voice. But we pay no attention to Him, and like the dog, it is almost as if we do not understand Him. But we do. He speaks in a language that we understand. God created languages, after all. We go about our busy (so we think) lives and when problems come, we question God. But His biggest blessings come disguised. Some of us wonder how can that be true? Who are we to question God. His ways are far off from anything we will ever understand. Imagine the difference between our wisdom and God's wisdom? Unimaginable, really.

The guy I mentioned still brings his dog to the car wash. She's howling less. But she most probably doesn't know what the machinery is. She's just learning to trust her master. Maybe we'll learn to do that too.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it's important to have someone to trust. My aunt heartily trusted God and he helped her to recover from a mortal disease. The matter is that trust and belief come with years...

Anonymous said...

I like your thoughts. They bring so light positivism and wits