Sunday 19 August 2007

My Baptism

On 18 August 2007, I got baptised. I am happy to say that God compelled me to take this step of faith and proclaiming my belief in Him and also to identify myself with His name. On a lighter note, I was a little nervous at first. Uncle Chee Beng baptised me.




After me was Han's turn. He's this really tall guy who's really funny. Hehe. When we were out of the pool, and clothed in dry clothes, he asked me how's his hair. He's bald actually. OK. Anyway, this is a picture of him before being immersed in the water.

Took some pictures so that I can fill up my blog. There's supposed to be a nicer one than this, but the camera kind of messed it up a little. I don't know why.

Wei Shern, Mervy, Kym, me

Boon Hoy was messing around. And Mervyn said something about balancing head size or summat like that. Haha.

Having refreshments and chatting (talking about "Malaysiaku Gemilang")
No comment... Haha... They just wanted me to take the pic...
Lyssa, Kym, me, Che Che Ee Vee

Me and Koko Jeremy (my sister's boyfriend)

Family photo (this one's not that good, cos Jo's face isn't entirely visible)

This is better =D
I got a gift from Mervy and Wei Shern. It's a really cool Bible, a bookmark and a message. Hehe. Love, love, love the Bible! Will post a picture of it in the next post as well as a picture of my certificate of baptism. Bet you guys have never seen one. OK, not all of you lah. Koko Adrian (my senior group youth leader) gave me two books: "Buried by Baptism" and "More Than A Carpenter". Pictures of those in the next post too.
Too bad Jon and Michael couldn't make it. Last minute extra class, it seems. But Michael told me this morning that he really wanted to come. Wanted to walk to KGH but Jon said by the time they got there it'd be over. Haha. So true.

Being baptised marks a new chapter of my relationship with God. As it has been stressed, "I am a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
P.S. The wine I tasted for the first time today didn't make me choke. The warm sensation lingered in my throat for awhile then moved down to my heart. Haha. Seriously, my haert was hot. But it tasted good. =D

No comments: