Friday 9 November 2007

My 2nd Deepavali!

I woke up feeling excited because it's Deepavali. Haha. I know, it's weird, considering I'm not a Hindu. But it's the only other religious festival that I've ever been invited to (minus the Hari Raya one that I was invited to but couldn't make it last month).

First, I picked Lavenya and Jolene then headed to Povaanes' house. We had my favourite peanut snack that she knew I liked. And then we had a really delicious vegetarian lunch. There was bitesize pieces of mock fried chicken (made of soya) and mock mutton (made of mushroom). Who knew vegetarian food could be so smashing? Povaanes served me so much rice, saying that I could eat a lot. But after Thailand, I have adopted a hostility towards food. Haha. Who am I kidding? I ate what she gave me lah. Lol. Now I got to ikat perut. Sigh. Anyway, we spent about an hour there, then Povaanes' dad sent us to Pune-chan's house.

We arrived at her house at 2.50pm. Hung around for about 30 minutes or more. We didn't eat there. I played with Snowy, her Golden Retriever who is soooooo manja. Haha. But she's really cute too. If you stop patting her she'll get your attention by giving you her paw. Hehe.

After that, Pune-chan's dad then sent us to Lavenya's house. There, we had a few snacks. Then we had another lunch. Hehe. I've always loved Lavenya's mum's cooking. Especially the chicken rendang. Absolutely smashing. There was coleslaw which had vegetables cut into small pieces, nicer than KFC's; the chicken rendang that's my favourite; nasi briyani (with cinnamon sticks, raisins and lots of other things that gives nasi briyani that wonderful smell) and kuah kurma or dates gravy. When I was done, I was dead full! So super stuffed!

Jolene and Lavenya washed the dishes while me and Povaanes looked on (really, we're not very much the housework kind, haha). Then we headed upstairs to Lavenya's room where we took a few pics. Lavenya and Povaanes asked me to pose, which is something that I totally suck at. Hehe. I can hardly make my poses believable. So I left Lavenya and Povaanes to strike up whatever pose they want to and decided not to be in the pic, less I spoil the pics. We talked and talked until 6.30pm then only we went home.

All in all, it was a great Deepavali. =)

But I wish I got to see Usha in her yellow Punjabi suit XD

No comments: