Friday 22 April 2011

That Awkward Moment...

Lately I've been coming across this line a lot: "That awkward moment when..." At first, it was just another opening to some sentence. But I kept reading it almost everywhere. So it got me thinking, our lives are essentially made up of moments. Just tiny moments that build up and form memories and experiences. It's the tiny details that piece together the larger picture. You can always break it down to a molecular level and start from there, 'cause it's the beginning. And sometimes, those small moments recur over and over again. The funny thing is each time it happens, it doesn't become less awkward. It's always that awkward. D'you realize that? Haha.

So anyway, here's my own list of that awkward moment...

When I sit at the table during lunch with my bunch of friends and suddenly everyone becomes silent. And each of us are just racking our brains to think of what to say next, anything at all, just something.

When someone says something to me or about me and I have no idea how to react. In decelerated response, I stare at them quizzically and quickly look down or away but I can still feel them looking at me. Lol. 

When I'm cheering for the wrong team on FIFA 11 and both my friends don't tell me until I start to find it suspicious how they keep laughing and saying stuff like, "She still doesn't get it yet."

When I accidentally drop chocolate pieces down my shirt and unfortunately, someone saw it happen. A-W-K-W-A-R-D!

When I switch on a movie for my parents and I sit through it with them but I'm holding my breath 'cause I don't know if there is any explicit content in it (you can never know with movies these days, tsk tsk). And when there is, I can't leave 'cause then I'd look guilty. Hahaha.

When someone calls me and we spend the time in between speaking with um's and ah's and then an abrupt, "so, yeah, bye". (Silence is worse when you're on the line, 'cause if you were face-to-face, you could look away and pretend to be occupied with something else.)

When I'm walking around SS15 with my pillow in my arms.

When I jump on stage and start playing the guitar with gusto - eyes closed and rock'n'roll mode - but someone signals to me that my cable is not even plugged in. Yes, this actually happened. Sooooo awkward, not to mention embarrassing. Hehe.


When I'm with a friend and we're deliberating whether or not to cross the road but he does and I'm left there looking stupid. Lol.

OK lah. That's about all I can come up with that's happened to me. At the end of the day, I love awkward moments. Besides being awkward, they're usually always funny. *Grins*  

No comments: