Monday 11 December 2006

Vibrante 4th Annual Concert & High Achievers' Gala '06

Had my dinner at TGIF's first. There was a surprise. I was halfway thru my salmon when I caught sumone waving at me. Then I looked closer and it was Jas Min! Yes, yes, very surprising. Lol. I almost always meet sumone unexpected (not tht I expect anyone lah) when I'm out. If you've been to TGIF's or will go, you hve to try their Jack Daniels steaks. Especially the Shrimp & Salmon one I ordered. Great glaze and the shrimps are real juicy.

Anyway, abt tonite's concert; lemme make a statement: Summit is a horrible building. I reckon it was built to impress but it got so confusing tht very little ppl shop there. Imagine, carrying my cello, walking all around the place. Sheesh. Reached the auditorium, collected my flower corsage (for High Achievers; the flower really stinked lah, so said Ee Lyz), went backstage and passed my cello into the safe hands of my teacher to tune my A string. Then I got to knw two new cellists: Kylie, 15 and Swea Phin, 16. I'm still the youngest. Lol. They cudn't believe I was only Form 2. [Quote: "But you look so matured!"] I get tht all the time. Haha.

OK, I didn't play by heart. Haha. I guess I wud've freaked out and forget all the notes frm Minuet anyway. My timing was fluctuating. Leena told me I was rushing then I went so slow and rushed again, etc. Lol. After tht, we were all sitting comfortably at the side of the auditorium, when Teacher came in and beckoned to us. "Cello Ensemble is now! They moved us in front." Swea Phin was freaking out. And Kylie was already hyperventilating. Me and Ee Lyz, haha, quite calm lah. Lol. But I really enjoyed playing with four other cellos together. Then the last performance was our String Ensemble. We were practicing in the hallway outside (me and Ee Lyz were standing; it's not tht bad, standing and playing the cello). Tht was good too, jus tht evryone else had left. Haha.

Really tired when I got bak. But I only slept at 1 AM. Thank You for getting me thru tonite's concert =)

No comments: