Wednesday 7 January 2009

My last post was about how excited I was about being in 5D. But now that all that euphoria and excitement has past, I turn to face the fact that I have always known even before I even got into 5D. And that is: 5D will be filled with many hardworking, intelligent, bordering on genius (OK, I'm exaggerating) nerds who are prepared for every single lesson of every single subject; they will be intimidating smarties who have all knowledge at their fingertips and who are equipped with answers that will roll off their tongue once the teacher finishes her questions. Lol. OK lah, it's not that kau lat lah. Haha.

A keen observation I have made is that the class of 5D 2007 and 2008 were made up of a majority of prefects. And many people have the mindset that there'll always be many prefects in the first class, definitely wan. But not 2009. Haha. Seeing 5D as it is, you'll be surprised that the supposedly best of the best aren't prefects.

Now that I have spent 3 days in 5D, I don't really feel the pressure - not yet. But it's there. I know it's there. Haha. Lurking and waiting for the right moment to pounce on me and send me crashing into the valley of stress and pressure. Even knowing this now, I'm not completely worried. 'Cause I have really great friends who are balanced in the sense that they're both Bugsies and Ronald Jacks. Lol! (No one will understand that except for Nette, Jessica and YP. Haha.) And besides, I am too. So we'll be able to get each other through all of it. Haha.

I quite look forward to going to school. Although it feels different now. I don't know how to explain the difference, but it just is. I'm so tired nowadays. I never, and I mean never, take daytime naps. But for the past two days, I have been falling asleep about late afternoon and then head off to tuition. Sigh. Speaking of tuition, I have to go get ready now. Haha.

Signing off...

No comments: