Saturday 5 September 2009

Yesterday I was thinking about friendships and relationships.

I'm a person who needs friends, although I try as much as I can to not give myself away. So I was just looking back the past few years and all the people I've met. I realize that I've been really close to some and I had some really important friendships. But over time, I just lost them. And I believe it was my fault. When I had it, I never actually let myself get in it, because I always put a little distance between myself and the other person. I never realize what I have until I lose it. And when I at last realize it, and I try to make an effort to salvage it, I'm already too late. I'm a few months overdue.

Then there are friendships and relationships that could have been. Oh man, when I look back, there were so many... I missed my chances. Never dared to take the leap. So the moment passed, and I could only watch it go. And I don't know if this is true about me, but I don't think I ever actually get over anything. But I sure do a good job making it look like I'm over it.

I talk about my regrets about my friendships and my relationships, buthen I haven't yet mentioned the ones that I have now. They're important to me, very. But I always have a keen sense that it's all temporary. I dunno how right I am, but whether or not it's true, it doesn't change how I feel. Maybe we're all made to be alone. But I think I'm really wrong about that.

I think that friends come and go. Some come and break your heart. Buthen others come around and patch it up. Then they break it too. And others come around and patch it up again. Sometimes, there are those who stay and never go. I wonder if I'll have those. But I think that's up to me - whether I let them. Cause I dunno why but I've never let anyone hang around. Maybe it'll change now. Things could be different.

"I've been roaming around
I was looking down and all I see
Painted faces fill the places that I can't reach
You know that I could use somebody
You know that I could use somebody
Someone like you... "

No comments: