Thursday 21 July 2005

Homeroom Humiliation

I know I'm running late to actually talk about this - that happened over the course of the last two weeks, I think. But, I feel I have to tell you about this - it'll make for an interesting blog. First thing's first, do you know what's NiE? Yes? No? It stands for Newspaper-in-Education, where you have to create a four-page newspaper to qualify for a contest created by The Star to encourage students to be creative and the normalities. Anyway, my class had a team - I wasn't in it - and they wanted to interview me for Spelling Bee. Yup! Of course I said yes, I mean, what do you expect me to say? "I'm sorry... I can't do it" to my homeroom buddies. They'll be so - bewildered.

Okay, so we had an interview, and they asked all sorts of questions - regarding Spelling Bee, that is - they didn't run out of the topic. After that, the president (who was in the team) wanted a photo shoot. Could things get any worse? We went all around the school before deciding on where to take the photo. And guess where? In the homeroom (classroom) itself. I was like, "Duh?!" in a dumb way.

They had to clear everyone behind me because I was taking the photo at my desk. So most of the class huddled in front of me and looked at me intently, waiting for the flash to go. I was in a fit of laughs and grins, holding an absolutely worn book, wearing eye glasses with a serious look on my face. Obviously, you can't look all that serious when you're taking a photo, can you? And, before we were already getting to a decision, my best friend, Jolene of 1 Efektif (another class) walked past and yelled, "AMANDA HOI!" I turned, startled, and saw my best friend... seeing me - like this. This. Cannot. Be. Anymore. Pathetic.

Soon, my president snapped the photo, and everything was over - so fast. So, you see, if you take time to concentrate on that one moment where you want everything to be perfect, than it will be. So don't worry about what people might think or what they'll be saying about it... that's your moment, so take it while it lasts.

No comments: