Saturday 2 July 2005

Musical Performance... and Other Happenings

It was a long, long day for me today. But, surprisingly, I had loads of fun. I played for the birthday party with my ensemble pals. What went wrong was that I had overpracticed, so my upper arm started to get painful in the middle of Pachelbel's "Canon in D", and it spread to my entire arm during Vivaldi's "Spring". I had to stick with it until the end of "Spring". I must tell you, it was excruciatingly exhausting. Ee Lyz, my cello buddy noticed that I was missing notes, adjusting my bow and continually shaking uncontrollably. How nice of her to take note of my playing, what a great partner, ain't she?

And, besides, there was this annoying girl who came with one of the ensemble members. It was like a nightmare... except that it was threefold. They said they were late because they just had to WATCH A CAT GIVE BIRTH TO A LITTER OF KITTENS. Tell me, how absolutely pathetic is that? Very pathetic. It's amazing how dimwitted anyone can be.

So, after our rerun during practice session, that girl came up to me and was like, "You know your lower D? I think it was a bit too low, or maybe it's just me." I felt like tearing her apart at that moment. Who the heck is the cellist right now, eh? You or me? And she went on talking to the rest of the ensemble members, even the teacher, with her sarcastic remarks and know-it-all slang. In the end, we all assembled at the practice room upstairs, with the teacher there, and started to tell everything bottled up inside about that girl. It appears everyone in the ensemble
hates her.

Yeah, and that was about all. After the performance, me, Ee Lyz, Yin Shi, Sharifah Leena and Xianling went to a room upstairs and wiled the time away talking. That was very fun. When we came down, I took some pictures using my camera phone.

No comments: