Monday 25 July 2005

Another Day, Another Week

I cut my hair today - technically, my mum cut it for me (you see, her former profession was a hairdresser). It's short, but not short enough... I still can tie it.

Anyway, today is the 25th of July, and the NiE (as I've mentioned before) newspapers are to be verified and chopped - literally - by the school authorities. My class has two groups doing it: one all-Chinese, another all-Indian. The all-Chinese group got a go-ahead from our homeroom and also English teacher, Pn. Jamuna, while the all-Indian group hadn't even started. Bwahahahaha... I feel sorry and happy at the same time for them!

So, today the all-Indian group were rushing to finish. Tempers flared and misunderstandings roam galore as they rush against time to finish it in approximately less than half a day. As I was doing my homework, I was surprised by the president, who came with a camera (would you believe it?) again. She wanted to take my picture - again. I was, "What? I thought you already took my picture. I don't want to do this. Seriously, you people don't know how to organize!" But I let them take the picture anyway.

After break, we had Maths, and Pn. Uma was giving out exam papers. She lost Jia Ying's one... really. And she ordered her to come to the table as if the missing paper wasn't her fault. Than, we had assembly. Nothing much, usual vows, prize-giving ceremonies and prep talks by teachers. A teacher announced that starting from next week they would hold the "Baca Buku 5 Minit" where we had to read a book for 5 minutes - our own book, mind you. That didn't bother me, in fact, I was pretty delighted. I plan to try to finish Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover quick enough.

Oh yeah, Jessica Loo of 1 Telus and I did something today. She pretended to have a cut on her wrist, and made up a story that she got hurt peeling potatoes. She also said that she found out I was her long-lost cousin twice removed. It was fun, nearly 95% of the people she told fell for it. And it was fun being her cousin - for a day.

So, basically all that happened today was a flurry or in Bahasa Melayu, huru-hara. I wasn't in it, thank goodness, I was just the audience - and it was good fun!

No comments: