Tuesday 12 July 2005

A Liking for the Killers

It's confirmed. I have developed a taste for rockers, The Killers. The Killers, from the USA, are named as the band to look out for this year, and I think I know why. The Killers consists of Brandon Flowers(vocals/keyboards), David Keuning(electric guitars), Mark Stoermer(bass) and Ronnie Vannucci(drums) and they're good, very good. Their debut album, Hot Fuss is on my list of albums to buy, alongside One Tree Hill: The Soundtrack.

Hot Fuss, which has 11 songs
spawned many hit singles, such as "Mr Brightside", "Smile Like You Mean It", "Somebody Told Me" and "All These Things That I've Done", both of which are my favourite The Killers' songs. One song worth mentioning that is not included in Hot Fuss is "Indie Rock 'N' Roll" which got me hooked onto The Killers. From then on, I am a Killers fan. Their music is rock-driven, with stunning electric guitar and also bass solos, expecially on "Somebody Told Me" and "All These Things I've Done"; great drum mixes on "Glamorous Indie Rock 'N' Roll". However, "Mr Brightside" is very popular amongst Killers fans, not by me, though.

The Killers have proved to be an expectant rock band, as its debut itself has been climbing the charts to score high with the critics. Cheers to The Killers!

No comments: