Sunday 3 July 2005

They're Already Here


Yo! I've just returned from catching a movie with friends. And by my blog title, you could've already guessed what movie that is, right? Bingo! It's War of the Worlds, my friends.

I'm now convinced that any Steven Spielberg-Tom Cruise collaboration is a sure hit. And I'm glad to say I was mystified by the stunning film, and everything about it. Must've cost a lot for Spielberg, but then again, we're talking about Spielberg, at what cost will he ever stop filming? Zero.

The latest remake of H.G. Wells' "War of the Worlds" book, War of the Worlds stars Tom Cruise, Dakota Fanning, Justin Chatwin, Miranda Otto and Tim Robbins. Star-studded, ain't it?

Of course, you'll know the synopsis by now, so I won't be specific. The movie was SPECTACULAR, AWESOME, MAGNIFICENT. It was a jaw-dropping experience, and I applaud Spielberg. The sound effects deserve recognition, and the CGI parts are absolutely breath-taking. I most certainly enjoyed myself.

Tom Cruise's Ray Ferrier was very funny, and his daughter, Rachel was, well, okay, I guess. All she did was cry and scream and show her intelligence, that's all. His son, Robbie, however, pumped out a commendable effort. Great acting. Tim Robbins' character was a little annoying, and Miranda Otto was graceful and simple.

All in all, it was a great watch. As the saying goes, wine tastes better with age, this third remake of "War of the Worlds" certainly scores higher.

No comments: