Monday 10 November 2008

Deepavalli Dinner at Aranee's Place =D

On Saturday night, I was at Aranee's place for a Deepavalli dinner. Jessica came and picked me at about 7.30pm and I directed them to Aranee's house. I never knew that Aranee stayed so nearby. So me, Jessica, Lynnette and Yoke Pei were the first to arrive. After awhile, Jesse, Ciuyi and Shobita arrived. Cause there weren't enough guests yet, we couldn't start eating, so we headed upstairs to Aranee's room. The one thing that caught my attention immediately when I entered her room was this adorable pic of her below. Haha. Damn cute, right?
So we just hung around in her room for awhile, waiting for makan time. Lynnette and Yoke Pei were so energy-less (most probably b'cos they haven't eaten, lol). Then we went downstairs and started eating. There were about 7 dishes: rice, chicken, mutton, kurma gravy, fish cutlets, vegetable acar... Food was really yummy. And so was dessert after that. We had some very delicious chocolate cake (I think we took all the sides, haha) and pineapple (which I thought was sweet corn at first) jelly.

"Food... I need food..."
"Yoh, why not yet dinnertime wan?"
Nette was the first to start eating, haha
Yoke Pei's plate
My plate
Nette's plate
Look at her digging in! XD
"OK, I'm satisfied now =]"

After makan-ing, we headed upstairs to Aranee's room and started playing Monopoly. It was either that or Scrabble cards, so obviously Monopoly was the better choice. Tried to take individual pics of these two below, but they didn't want to, so you see what became of their pics. Haha. Although Lynnette's one is actually quite cool lah. Lol.


Alright, I have a lot to say about this kid. This girl is Aranee's neighbour, and she came up to Aranee's room while we were playing Monopoly. My first impression of her was she's a cute and sweet-looking girl. So you know, I never get to be around kids very much so I was already thinking of how to treat her nicely so she'll like me. Haha. I asked her her name and she said it was Sarahnita (I hope I got the spelling right), then I asked her to help me arrange money (cause I was the banker). It was going well, you know, she seemed to be enjoying herself. I talked to her nicely and told her stuff like, "If you become a banker, you'll get to manage money a lot, but the money won't belong to you." (I know, it shows how terribly inexperienced I am around kids, I talk to them like they're adults, haha.) Then you know what she said to me? "You're so beautiful." Hahaha. I think I said thanks or something. I was like, damn happy lah. Lol.

Then we stopped playing Monopoly, and she was having a lot of fun arranging back all the money. So then I took a pic with her, and then she wanted to use the camera. How do you say no to a kid? I had no experience with that either. I let her use my camera, and she took some pics lah. After that, the whole night, she was so attached to me. I got kind of scared, cause I didn't know what to do with a kid who's attached to you. Usually, you should be happy, right? But cause it seldom happens to me, I didn't know how to react. Haha. When Aranee asked her which of us (me, Jessica, Nette, Yoke Pei), she said me. Then she came and sat beside me, and I didn't know how to say "go away" in a nice way, and she hugged me, and kissed my arm (b'cos I had this look that told her, "Stay away from my face") and she called me "Mummy". Scary, right? Haha. No thanks to the other three for trying to coax her into kissing me. I asked Aranee to bring her down, but she said she wouldn't go down unless I went down. So I went down, then when I got a chance, I sprinted up the stairs and came bursting into the room, and the other three started laughing. I collapsed onto the bed, feeling so relieved. Haha. Then Jessica told me that you can't lock the door! Lol.

Sarahnita
Me and the kid who loved me... Haha!
=]
Sarahnita took this (quite steady, right?)
They look alike, but they're not related, lol
Uh... What d'you do when a kid hugs you?
OK lah, I'm not that mean, haha

The rest of the night was spent taking pics. Haha. What else can you do lah, right? From the whole snap-happy session that night, I've discovered that Jessica and Yoke Pei are very, very, very, and I say again, very fussy over their pics. Something about angles and lighting. Haha. Me and Nette don't really care. If it looks fine, then it's fine. We won't study the details. Jessica and Yoke Pei can take the same pic a dozen times over and it looks exactly the same to me and Nette but to them it's, "No, take again." Haha.

Jessica and Nette
Me and Yoke Pei
Yoke Pei says I look like a vampire here, haha
Truth is, the flash blinded me momentarily, hehe
Me and Nette
I love this pic! =)
Me and my fave cuz
Jessica, Yoke Pei, Nette
Me, Nette, Yoke Pei
Four of us
Four of us again
And again
And - this is the last time - again, haha
"You must consider the lighting..."
"And the angle too... Sigh... We're running out of time..."
"Please, please get it right this time, OK?"
"Alright, good enough... =)"
Nette entertaining everyone else
Lynnette Tang Ee Lyn =D
Sweaty palms!

These next few pics are just me and Nette playing around, haha.







Love ya!

Right before we left, we remembered that we hadn't taken any pics with our hostess, Aranee. Haha. We're so terrible lah. So we took our final pics with her, then we headed home. Sarahnita didn't look too happy with me. She didn't wanna say bye. Aih. I mess up with kids lah. Lol. Overall, I had a really great time! Hehe.



No comments: