Friday 17 June 2005

The Anatomy of Hiccups

It's something that all of us have experienced before and are bound to experience in future. What I'm talking about is hiccups. Even as I type this blog, I am hiccuping. I know it's funny, but don't laugh. As devoted as I am to providing my readers with a glimpse into my life coupled with some useful information, I have dug deep into the realms of the web and searched for stuff on hiccups. As you can see, reading my blogs can not only help you know about my life, but also about daily things we face in our life. Isn't this wonderfully entertainingly helpful, or what?

Okay, here it is. Hiccups are sudden, involuntary contractions of the diaphragm muscle. As the muscle contracts repeatedly, the opening between your vocal cords snaps shut to check the inflow of air and makes the hiccup sound. Irritation of the nerves that extend from the neck to the chest can also cause hiccups.

However, don't worry because hiccups are not serious and have no clear reason for occurring. You can breathe easy knowing that when you get hiccups.

Many conditions are associated with hiccups, but none has been shown to be the cause of hiccups. If you eat too fast, you can swallow air along with your food and end up with a case of hiccups, so, don't eat too fast, take your time. Hiccups are sometimes thought to be a reflex to protect you from choking.

Hiccups can be described as brief, irritable spasms of your diaphragm that can occur for a few seconds or minutes. I believe that is all I got from hiccups, so, if this has been of help to you, then I am most certainly pleased.

This blog, I hope, have helped you to understand even more about hiccups. I know I make it sound serious, don't I? Maybe I'm overdoing it, haha. Okay, I think that's all I wanted to let you guys know about hiccups. Compliment me on doing my homework, will you?

No comments: