Monday 27 June 2005

Strangeness and Me

I think I'm strange, in a general sort of way. People wonder how I can even listen to stuff that are close to abnormal to them, but really, you shouldn't care. Here's an excerpt I got from a book talking about strangeness and me:

Am I strange? Possibly. But maybe I'm not really stranger than anyone else. Maybe I'm just - more aware of my strangeness. Like why am I so afraid to let my friends know who I really am. If they don't like the real me then maybe they aren't really friends. Maybe that's what I'm afraid of ...

I modified it a little so that it can relate to normal people living normal lives, particularly students with loads of friends in school or anywhere else. Think over that paragraph again, it sounds pretty philosophical to me. I'm so happy I got that book! I know you must be wondering what book I'm talking about, it's "One Tree Hill: The Beginning".


No comments: