Friday 3 June 2005

Movies, the Epitome of Entertainment

During the holidays, it has always been a fixated activity to watch movies on the DVD player and catch a blockbuster at least once in the cineplex. That has proved crucially necessary, or else I shall be trampled by discreet boredom. Luckily for me, I recently catched the final instalment of the popular George Lucas creation, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith at Bukit Raja Shopping Centre(BRSC) with my younger brother, Josiah, three church friends: two guys and a girl - Wei Shern, Mervyn and Melody.

Now, about the film. It was, I'm afraid to say, overrated. Star Wars fans, I'm sure, must've thought it was superb and a wonderful curtain-closer. But, I think it was overrated, but not underrated, of course. Everything about it seemed so
kua cheong. There was a big helping of action and a spoonful of emotional romance. Other than that, there was just fight scenes, very little talking. I guess the lightsabers do the acting. Haha.

Anyway, I held a Movie Marathon yesterday. I watched
Hitch, The Pacifier and House of Fury on the DVD player for the entire afternoon. Hitch was a fun ride, The Pacifier certainly was for the entire family and House of Fury is decidedly one of the best Chinese films I've watched.

Okay, as my title suggests, I know that many of you agree that the term 'movies' means a form of material to entertain you. And it is, indeed, the epitome of entertainment, aside from music and stuff. Without movies, we'd be really bored. I mean, just looking at music videos cannot satisfy our hunger for hour-long shows with pretty people in them and, at rare times, meaningful storylines. And anyway, if we don't have movies, there wouldn't be people like Nicole Kidman and Brad Pitt ka-chinging at their cash counters. We won't be able to feast our eyes on people of Hollywood quality and have the motivation to say, "I wanna be like that. I've gotta work out" and then when you come back again, you're in tip-top condition. Yes! Movies are a bare necessity. If you have no idea what movies are, my friend, you've been living under a rock. As a closing point, I'd like to say, MOVIES ARE THE EPITOME OF ENTERTAINMENT!

Well, hat's up to the days to come where I shall spend the hours catching films. Cheers.

No comments: