Tuesday 11 July 2006

Masak-Masak!

Bon appetit!
Close up
News tht my class, 2H were going to cook during this week's Living Skills was met with excitement and whoops of happiness. So, well, y'day Yan Teng passed me a piece of paper with evrything I was s'posed to bring. And I looked at it, and without even having to say a word, Yan Teng was, "Just bring what you can, 'kay? Tho I think I'll bring most of the stuff. You just bring kain and stuff for hiasan. Call me tonight, and tell me what you can - uh, bring." Oh, my friends so understand me! LOL.

The next day all I had to bring was spring onion, tomatoes and chilli. And the kain lah. You knw, this is the first time I'm looking forward to Living Skills. Wow! Anyway, me and Yan Teng were so hyped we told evryone frm our Group A to be ready to leave by 6:05PM cause the both of us were going to set the place on fire. Haha, I knw, syok sendiri.

Anyway, when I arrived evryone was outside wearing their aprons. I collected my stuff and entered to find Pn. Nadiah. I was lik, "Hai, Cikgu!" She laughed a bit (dunno why) and said, "Aman-der (you knw, she pronounces my name lik tht, but tht's better than Ah-man-dah and she won't be able to say Amanda simply, so, you get it) keluar pakai apron dulu." I groaned, then I decided I could leave my things here, then wear the apron. Haha. "Saya letak barang sini, ya," and I put my stuff on her table. She chuckled and was, "Ya, Aman-der." Aman-der... so strange~

Then we set to work. Pick, mix, wash, cut, slice~ We started cooking and stuff. Yan Teng made me cut the mushrooms first, and you knw, any kind of food tht I try to do anything with most probably will end up spoilt. And so it was with the mushrooms. "Leave it, Manda, I'll do tht." Haha! OK, not evrything I do tht has to do with cooking will end up bad lah. Exaggerating only. Hehe.

So I didn't cut the mushrooms, instead I made the drink! Yes, grape juice. Easy and there was lots of sugar. But I balanced it out and got the perfect taste. Put it in the fridge and left.

Pn. Nadiah came over and taught us the first steps then she left us for sembahyang time. I was tumbuk-ing the onion and ginger when Pn. Nadiah returned. Before tht I was making a heck of a noise on the table, then when she came, Lavenya: "Psst... Tumbuk on the floor lah! Teacher's here adi." Good ol' friend! Hehe. So I proceeded to make noise on the floor, not above it. I seriously tumbuk until it was seriously tumbuk-ed. Teacher said I did a good job! =D

I was done tumbuk-ing so I took out the curry puffs I bought frm Pn. Nadiah in the afternoon. They're really good, you knw! RM1 for 3. Darn cheap, right? Go get it if you catch Pn. Nadiah before 1:20PM or something. Haha. I fed Yan Teng some, and she was lik, "Manda, you are keng man!" LOL. And then I gave Chew Yong some. If Pn. Nadiah's business improves just slightly, hope she knws it's me. Haha. Joking.

After the spaghetti was cooked, we started putting in the tomato puree, sauce, paste, whatever together with the fried garlic, onion, ginger. Yan Teng and I alternated between cooking and washing. I washed so slowly and it wasn't a great job either. Haha. I'm extremely snail-lik when it comes to hse chores.

Cause of tht, Yan Teng took over the washing and I did the cooking. Yay! When the washing was finished, Yan Teng continued the cooking and I set up the table. First, I put the flowers in the middle, then asked, "Teng, how is it?" She said, "Manda, put it properly. Somewhr else so got space for the food also." I shifted it higher, then asked Yan Teng again. She laughed, and was, "Yeah, lik tht OK." Haha. All I did was move it to the end.

Teacher came around and tried our food and drinks. She said our drink was tawar and the spaghetti fine. What the -? Drink... tawar. Taking the cue after she walked away, me and Yan Teng grabbed the jug and drank straight frm it. Tawar... tawar... it's sweet lah! Maybe age actually spoils tastebuds. LOL!

When she graded evryone's food, she started telling us our tugasan at the whiteboard. Instead of doing the work, Yan Teng and I left it to Seah Yih and Anita and went around trying Chew Yong & Jia Ying's spaghetti (best - so far - until we tried Lin Kee's at the roadside, I mean the location, not tht the spaghetti was on the roadside or anything), Lavenya & Joanna's (I can't rmb the taste, so you could figure tht it wasn't memorable, haha) and Seah Yih & Anita's (too lil sauce and the noodles were hard). OK, been commenting so much on others, but Yan Teng and mine's I've shut up. But ours was kind of sour. Satisfactory, tho.

Now I can't wait for the next masak-masak session for KH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interestedhttp://googleindex.info/1527.html or http://google-machine.info/686.html and http://google-machine.info/3224.html

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»