Wednesday 26 July 2006

Masak-Masak 2!

Masak-Masak 2! Alas, the nxt cooking session tht I had been waiting for but dead sure wouldn't happen. Haha. So, Pn. Pari said tht we had to do a cooking presentation. It was to improve speech, teamwork, and basically jus hve fun. My group is obviously me, Yan Teng, Lavenya & Anita, cos we all sit together. We told anyone who asked us tht we were either making French Fries or faking cookies using Famous Amos (they're real good, especially Double Choc and Raisin Oatmeal Cinnamon =D) But we were really actually making Potato Salad, Yan Teng's recipe. Anyway, this is Teng, before our presentation. She was s'posed to look nervous, but I dunno what she's trying to portray here. LOL! Same for Lavenya. They just don't do it right! Haha.
Then, me and Yan Teng went to wash the stuff - OK, I went to watch her wash the stuff - but yeah, tht's her there. Huge bowl, right? Belongs to me. Yan Teng asked for the biggest bowl on Earth - it's the biggest in my kitchen - hehe.
So sorry, Teng, I knw u're really gonna kill me if u find out I put this pic on my blog. Haha. But at least it's proof u washed, right? Tho there's no reason u need any proof, cos obviously I wouldn't be doing it. LOL.
But, Teng, I can make up for tht pic above. This pic below shows clearly how terribly distorted ur enemy can be when she's all blur! U're gonna love me for this. Haha.
So we began. Lavenya started, and she's s'posed to chop the potatoes into three-quarters, for bitesize pieces. I repeat, bitesize. Why d'you chop it so big?! Haha. Lavenya cut it into half, then another half, and threw it all into the big bowl. LOL! Then we had a rough time mashing it after tht.
That's me sprinkling salt and pepper. I'm moving la so it looks bad. But I dunno why Lavenya and Teng are laughing? Nxt, I poured the mayonnaise, and Yan Teng was totally restricting me frm pouring more than my heart told me. Despite tht, I still poured a lot, and in the end, we had to use the whole tub anyway.
Here Yan Teng is cutting the fresh onions. With the skin and all, u knw, after all, we did call it fresh. Hehe. Mixed the onions and cabbage (which was s'posed to be celery) into the bowl. Mix mix mix!
OK, let me explain why mine and Lavenya's hands r lik tht. Our plan was to present the bowl when Anita showed it to the audience, but it didn't work out cos our dialogue was thrown all over the place. Nevertheless, ours was smooth. Haha.
Pune-chan has a bad hand. Tht is a fact and a statement. Really, she shakes so much until we had to take so many pics of this.
Then there's the occasional ghost of Chew Yong, coming back for MORE potato salad =]
Finally, the perfect (almost) shot of young chefs in the making (OK, I knw we only made potato salad, but syok sendiri la... haha)
LOVE BETWEEN FRIENDS. Hahaha. But we didn't eat it la, I ate mine and she ate hers.
The masterpiece in all it's yellow glory. LOL. But if I do say so myself, ours was the best and tastiest one in the class. Everyone else did tuna sandwiches and vege salads.
Oh, camwhoring, a tradition everytime there's a digicam around. I guess it's knocked into me, hasn't it? Also, we took sum videos. There's this really nice one tht shows the 4 of us digging into our potato salad, and another of Yan Teng doing who knws wat. If u want it, IM me on MSN or sumting and I'll send it over. Haha.
I was walking past them jus lik every other day, when it hit me again. Fishing out the digicam, I took a pic of this group of little minions. I tink sumone oughta run 'em down. Everyday they block my way. This is MGS SECONDARY! Wait at the bus stop at the other side or sumting. Don't they teach u Moral anymore? Bertimbang Rasa, Mulia, Harmoni. If u wanna live in peace wit me, beat it! OK la, I'm not tht brutal, but still. Haha. Tht's all la, jus wanted to end this post wit this pic.
Btw, all readers pls pray for me tmrw as I depart into the wilderness/jungle tht is called Camp Angelic, PBSM '06. *Sigh* I'm really not looking forward to it. Haha. Jus rmb me. LOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Will one tree hill be back for a season 5?