Saturday 12 August 2006

8 hrs at MVM

As u all knw, today my ensemble got performance in MVEC so I hve to be at Mid Valley Megamall. I was there frm 1 PM to 9 PM! Cos my bro's guitar ensemble got pushed back to 8 PM so we had to stay. My goodness! Dah lah my feet aching. Sigh. N our string ensemble performance was so not happening. They didn't knw we'd need microphones. C'mon! Of cos we'll need 'em. It's a performance, for crying out loud. Anyway, we got our mics after Brandenburg. Tht's a relief. Luckily, they didn't ask us to replay Brandenburg. I'd mess up worse.

The Music of the Night was OK OK. But me and Ee Lyz couldn't hear Violin I frm the other end (whr Violoncello was situated). The teacher, who sat beside me and plays the viola, said she could only hear the cello, and couldn't hear the first violinists. Understandable, tho, cos me and Ee Lyz were right beside her.

Yesterday was better. Ee Lyz started the beat and I was so lost! I didn't even see her give a signal. She looked at me and realized I wasn't following. Then, I dunno what happened. Eventually, the violinists joined in when they saw me and Ee Lyz plucking, so, yeah. Tht appealed more to the audience. News was the only song tht was clear was Yesterday. Man!

Chinese Takeaway, which was s'posed to be done really well, kind of got scattered all over the place. The cellists (both of us) missed the beginning and only started at A. Also, the melody part disappeared too. Haha. We pretty much spoiled the whole thing for ourselves. But we had fun. Now I've gotta buck up for the 2nd Sept. performance, which is rumoured to be really formal formal (note the repetition) in a hotel. Right.

After tht, the skl treated us to McD's. Blah blah blah. Then me, Ee Lyz, Leena & Mee Wei went window shopping. We were observing biker chicks and biker guys. U knw biker chicks who are Malay girls who wear all black, really gothic make-up and sharp spikes round their necks lik dogs? N the biker guys are Malay fellars who wear nerdy tops and jeans which flare at the thighs (which is super-weird) and wrap around a little above the ankle, which makes them look unusual. Quite a number of 'em. Sum with huge sunglasses and dangling bling-bling too. Lol.

Oh, and before I forget, I bumped into Cheng Jin near the GSC cineplex. What a surprise, man! He was lik, "Hey, Amanda!" Then he waved. "What're you doing here?" "Cheng Jin! I hve a performance here." I gestured to the three others who were so blur. "Flute?" "No, cello. Flute is Su Yin lah." "Yah! Haha." "Mmhmm. OK, bye!" "Bye!" And he went off. Lol. Brief conversation but what a huge surprise! He's sure gotten more good-looking then before. Haha. Ee Lyz, Leena & Mee Wei were lik, "Oh, oh." U knw lah, frens are always lik tht. Doesn't matter tho.

When my frens left for PJ adi, and I was still stuck in MV, my elder bro, Jack took me to Haagen-Dazs. Ah, it was the first time I'm tasting Haagen-Dazs ice cream. I ordered Strawberry Cheesecake which is my fave even for Baskin Robbins. Having three scoops of ice cream: Strawberry Cheesecake, Rum Raisin & Macadamia Nut [shared with my bro] it cost RM28.55! Wow! N the scoops were darn tiny, I tell u. But I guess it's standard for a brand lik this.

Now I'm back and am so tired. Hope I hve enough energy when I'm in worship tmrw. OK, I'll stop here. Signing out~