Saturday 26 August 2006

The Curve

As mentioned in my previous post, I went to The Curve today. Wow! Borders has so totally replaced MPH, man. It's way better and I've got so many books on my list now. Tho I didn't buy any, cos I only checked 'em out by way of attraction, so I don't really knw if it's worth it and commended or anything. And Chuan Keat didn't giv me any recommendations. T_T Haha.

Being in Borders has reminded me once again tht I really LOVE books. It feels so nice just standing in between bookshelves, especially when I hve the whole row to myself. Hehe. Books are such amazing things. They transport you to another place eventho you're still in the place you were in the beginning. But the only book tht could transform your life would be the Bible. It's the only one! Surely you've read a book, so full of suspense and action but after you read tht chapter, your life doesn't change or anything. It's still the same. Hehe. And of cos, textbooks which we students are subject to study for the nxt 3 yrs or so of our life definitely DO NOT change our lives - well, it just makes it more miserable.

The magazines there are so much better, so says Mum. And I found out something. Hallmark has got to be the place for gifts and souvenirs! The stuff by Hallmark, especially Angel At Hearts are awesome. Magnets are less boring, cards don't say much anymore... Yes, Hallmark is pricey, but they convey a lot in just a gift. Hehe.

Oh yeah, today was the 3rd time I entered a BodyGlove shop. I've always been put off by 'em cos, if you rmb in my June 8th post, the salesppl follow customers like mice is attracted to cheese. Lol. But I guess the outlet in The Curve is pretty tuned down, mayb cos the store isn't all tht big. So, there was this shirt tht I was aiming for since my b'day shopping trip, and I found it there. But they only had S and L. Today I'm heading for Pyramid on a mission to buy my first BodyGlove product. Hahaha.

In The Curve was whr I found the first store selling Etnies stuff. So happy! Evrytime I think Etnies, it reminds me of Desmond and "Grind" - the film on skateboards whr I first saw the Etnies brand. Man, Desmond, hve you been in Zone 5 before? There was two pairs of flip-flops tht caught my eye. One was RM49 and the other RM79. Both are nice, so I'll see which one I might get after the Topshop flip-flops I hve falls apart or sumthing. Lol.

My bro got a non-permanent/airbrush/fake tattoo on his right upper arm two weeks after I got mine. Hahaha. Ironic. His looks lik the Sly Cooper logo. If you guys played tht on PS2 before. Lol. Mine is still there, at least it's worth RM15, right? Wei Shern must be sighing already. Hehe. Anyway, I ate at KimGary's restaurant. I seriously hve a thing for HK food. They're lik fusion food tht looks strangely enticing and tastes equally delicious. Hehe. But this neighbouring table was so annoying. They kept on staring at us. Yeesh. Lik, what is the prob? However, I did not let tht bother me as much cos I was indulging myself in my fave Milo Ice Blended. AH~ Wonderful. Haha. The last time I ate at KimGary's was on my b'day whr Wei Shern fell sick after tht. Lol. So weak lah his stomach. Me and Mervy were absolutely fine.

In the end, I got a bookmark frm Borders tht costs RM17.90! Lik, so expensive for a bookmark, ya knw. But it's really nice. It says, "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow," and suits sumone lazy lik me to encourage me to continue reading The Power of a Praying Teen cos I use it for tht book. And my bro got me an "Arctic Monkeys" badge frm Rock Corner. More lik, I chose it for myself cos there was ntg else he liked. Now it decorates my pencil case. Hehehe.

Still, 1U remains my fave shopping mall, cos The Curve is kind of empty, but I lik empty places, no crowds. Haha. But 1U is still the best!

No comments: