Wednesday 14 October 2009

Handy Manny

As some of you know, one of my favourite TV shows is Handy Manny. Haha. It's about a repairman called Manny who lives in Sheet Rock Hills and his talking tools. I watch it everyday at 11am and 2.30pm on Playhouse Disney. Why do I still watch cartoons although I am already 17? Correction. I don't still watch cartoons. I never got the chance to watch cartoons when I was younger. There's a difference. Hehe. So if you think I'm childish, cut me some slack lah. I never got a proper childhood. Lol.

Anyway, in the month of September, Playhouse Disney held a contest. All you have to do is watch the new episodes and answer a simple question. So of course I was totally excited about it and wanted to win. But there was a problem. I was not between the age of 2 to 7 years. I was born 10 years too early. Lol. However, that did not stop me. I entered the contest anyway. And lo and behold, I was one of the winners! Hahaha. Seriously, I was so happy. Then I waited for my prize to be mailed to me. I waited and waited... and waited. But I didn't get any call informing me that I won or anything of the sort. So I kinda gave up hope lah. Takpe lah. Considering I shouldn't've won it in the first place. Hehe.

But but, today I came home from school. Then Jo called me over and pointed at a Longchamp box. Perasan as I am, I was like, "Is that for me? A handbag? I don't really want a Longchamp bag." Then he opened it and I saw this big brown envelope with my name on it and a postage stamp from Singapore. Below it was some other postage thingy that said: "Towel, bath gel." And then I SCREAMED. For joy. Hahaha. And then I kept shouting in glee, "Handy Manny! Handy Manny!" Man, I have never screamed for joy like this since Dad bought me a water heater for my PMR results. Lol.

So I won a Handy Manny towel and a Flicker bath gel. (Flicker is one of the tools, he's a flashlight.) Oh yeah, in the big brown envelope was a note that read:

Dear Contestant,

Congratulations! You have won in our Playhouse Disney Handy Manny Towel Set
Giveaway Contest! Here is your Handy Manny towel and bath gel set prize.

We thank you for your participation and continued support for Playhouse Disney.

Your friends at Playhouse Disney.


Haha. I have friends at Playhouse Disney. *Silly grins* So yeah lah. That was what made my day. I love Handy Manny =)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work there Manda ... now you've got yourself some Handy Manny bath tools too. Don't know if you noticed this, but somehow your 2 big joyous moments find themselves placed in the bath room. ;) Enjoy!

Amanda H. said...

Haha. Oh yeah. I didn't realize that. Lol.

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.