Friday 16 October 2009

Happy Deepavalli


As I sit here typing on the keyboard, I can hear intermittent sounds of fireworks shooting up into the sky. I've been listening to it and watching it all night. And while I spend my time looking out the window, I realize something extremely strange. D'you know that when fireworks go up into the sky, it doesn't make any sound? Only when it dissolves, then I hear the "BOOM". How very strange! I thought that maybe that one particular firework had a problem. But as I sat there and continued to watch the fireworks, I realized that it was all the same. All the "BOOM"s came after the fireworks disappeared. Hahaha.

I spent my time at my window, with my camera in hand. I was trying to capture the fireworks cause my camera has this "Fireworks" thingy. Lol. But I dunno why the fireworks never appeared when I was looking. And everytime I turned around, I could hear the "BOOM". So I gave up lah.

Just awhile ago, I was telling my elder brother about my discovery regarding the fireworks and the BOOM after. I sounded very fascinated and eager to tell him about it, as if I was on the verge of discovering something of staggering proportions. The conversation went something like this:

Me: *Blah blah blah... *

Ko: *Grunts* *Covers his head with the pillow*

Me: *Throws the bolster at him*

Ko: Manda, it's not strange lah. It's like the speed of sound and the speed of light. Light travels faster than sound. Example, you see lightning then you hear thunder.

Me: *Mouth open* Wah...... That makes absolute sense! Aiyoh. Ko, you're so smart! *Turns to Mum* Ma, he's so smart. Ko, you should've stayed in Science stream. What you just said sounded so science-y.

Hahaha. If you know me well enough, you would've known how exactly I reacted to what he said. You can say something that sounds really amazing but it might actually just be nonsense, and I would still go, "Wah......" because it sounded amazing. Lol.

Oh yeah. D'you wanna know what's my theory on why Deepavalli is called Deepavalli? Hehehe. Brace yourselves. This will be extremely lame. So Deepavalli is the Festival of Lights right? They call it that because the oil lamps during Deepavalli will always shine as bright as ever even in a place as DEEP as a VALLEY. Hahahahaha. Now I shall go jump off a cliff so that I don't have to see all your faces go... "=O She is so lame!" Hehe. Sorry lah. I really am so lame.

To end this post:

DEEPAVALLI VALTELKEL!
To all who celebrate the
Festival of Lights =)


2 comments:

Ee May said...

WILL NV FORGET how we tried to 'catch' the fireworks after coming back from pasar malam. Lol.

Amanda H. said...

Haha. Yeah! Aww... U were such a good and fun che che. Lol.