Thursday 8 October 2009

The Voice In My Head

The voice in my head says:

"You can't do it. You won't make it. You were never good enough.

What were you thinking? It was all just a lie.
Telling yourself that there's still time and all you have to do is work hard.
If you can't do it, you can't. End of story. No use pretending that you can.
You can try. But why try when you won't make it?

You're weak. And lousy. You're not gonna get there.
Stop trying. It's just going to add to your pain anyway.
How many times do you wanna fail until you accept that it's not enough?
You're not enough.

Stay away from everyone else. It will do them good.
You can continue being the way you are.
It's happened to you more than once this year.

Maybe I'm just the voice in your head.
Maybe you're only hearing me now.
But maybe... I'll hang around."

No comments: