Monday 9 May 2005

Crowned Queen of the Bees that Spell

Catchy title, eh? Haha. Okay, I woke up pretty late today. Around 10.35am. Yeah, and then I read a few chapters of the book that I'm currently reading, "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within", and after that I read the newspaper. Later, I went and took a shower as my mum went out to buy lunch. After lunch, I headed for school.

It was still early and the morning section were just leaving at 12.45pm. I was in the Dataran Bestari with Amelia, Juvee and Ee Von. We walked and we talked in the hot sun. Haha, yeah, the hot sun. Then, there were classes as usual. During Moral period, the pres informed me that Pn. Lim asked me to prepare for some Spelling Bee award presentation thing during assembly just before school ends. So, I was like, "When did she tell you? For Spelling Bee? During assembly time? Oh ... " Yeah, I was something like that.

Then there were more classes, and it was soon break time. I bought an iced Milo for RM1, and I only had 30sen left. Which means I brought RM1.30, haha, that's easy math. There was only Science left before assembly, and the teacher came to our class. When she finished her lesson, she walked to my table and said that me and the girl sitting behind me, Su Vien were talking a lot and that we have to change places. What is wrong with her?! We were just discussing the notes. Some teachers think they know so much, but most of the time, everything they know isn't really right.

Okay, okay, let's forward to assembly time! My heart was pounding when my fellow Spelling Bee contestant, Sharon was like, "Amanda, look! Those are the prizes." I craned my neck and saw some colourful wrapping paper, and I was like, "Wow" in a sarcastic way. My classmates in front were like pointing at me and saying to our prefect, "Yeah, she's the Spelling Bee Queen. Amanda won." Something like that, and our prefect was like, "You're the Spelling Bee Queen?" and I just nodded my head and smiled. It seems that very little people know that I won the Spelling Bee competition for Form 1, but, then again, who would bother to ask about the Form 1 winner for Spelling Bee?

Then, when Pn. Lim stepped up to announce, Sharon, Puvanaeswary, Seah Yih and Jia Ying(who were all sitting near me) were like, "Whoa, Amanda, they're gonna announce your name" or "You're number one" or "They'll say you're the Spelling Bee Queen" and all the time I was like, "Oh, shut up!" or "It's nothing." My heart was pounding so hard I could hear it, really. Then, I said, "I think I'm stuck" to Su Vien. She just laughed. I meant stuck as I couldn't move, momentarily paralysed by shock. Haha, yeah, that was it. When Pn. Lim announced, "And the Spelling Bee Queen for Form 1 is Amanda Hoi ... " I never heard what she said after that. I walked up to the podium, and my legs were feeling like jelly. Halfway coming back, I looked at Su Vien, who was grinning at me, and I shook my hands to indicate I was shaking. When I sat down, I said, "I was all wobbly up there" and she laughed. Then I passed my prizes(a really cool gum-type keychain and a candle set in the wrapping paper(I didn't know what it was yet) to my fellow classmates to examine. So, that was my experience of being crowned Queen of the Bees that Spell, Form 1, 2005.

I guess that's all. See ya!

No comments: