Saturday 21 October 2006

Deepavalli Valtekel! =D



I'M SPENT!


Haha. So full, man! I'm jus bak frm Lavenya's hse (now I knw whr it is, hehe). OK, 2006's Deepavalli was the first time I'm actually celebrating this, um, celebration. Lol. I woke up at 740 AM, altho Jolene txt-ed me at 703 AM [so early, ryte?]. When it was 11 AM, Chew Yong & Seah Yih came over to my hse, whr we waited for an hour till Lin Kee turned up. She was, what, 45 mins past her scheduled time. But, reminder, we're talking abt Lin Kee. Hahaha.

So, we took awhile to find Pune-chan's hse, cos the "LORONG SERAMPANG 8" sign was totally obscured by a mango tree. Haha. Buthen we found it at last, and she was waiting for us outside, looking resplendent in her Punjabi (pronunced Pan-jaa-bee, as Lavenya repeatedly corrected me) suit. Had sum cookies/candies, then we ate chicken curry, mutton curry, mixed vege... all with rice. After tht, sat around, looked at pics.

Pune-chan was telling me abt her maid. She said she showed our class photo to her before, and the maid said I looked sweet. *Grins* Then Pune-chan told her maid tht I was the one in the photo, and her maid said, "Cantik lah." *Wider grin* Oh yes, another thing. Pune-chan's dog is dead adorable! She's called Snowie or Snowy (I dunno which) and she's a Golden Retriever. When all of us crowded in her humble abode in the back of the house, she got all shy and slightly petrified by the sudden presence of one too many persons. Once in awhile she'd approach us when we tried to coax her, then she'd retire into her little corner. Haha. Then we left her alone.

At 2 PM, Lavenya came to pick us up. Before we left, Pune-chan's dad gave us green packets (Deepavalli's equivalent of ang pau). D'you knw tht Lavenya stays near Mrs Kao?! I didn't knw. Anyway, when we arrived, Lavenya's bro's frens were there: sum Upper Form guys. It's really annoying, cos they were "whoa"-ing when we came, but, who cares? Only Chew Yong noticed, in fact. Hehe.

Began with cookies/candies again. My fave is definitely the jam tart! Haha. Ate so much of tht. Must've added on sum pounds. Lol. I got kind of confused cos Lavenya was talking abt her aunt, her mum, her sis... then I messed up who they were n all. Cos they're all wearing identical suits, so, well... whatever. After tht, we had our 2nd lunch. Haha. This time there was this rolling/spinning thing with the dishes in compartments. Dishes served were kurma, coleslaw (which Pune-chan thought was bubur), mutton curry (but of cos), fried chicken (fantastic!), chicken (coated with sum kind of, sum kind of, sum kind of, sumting lah, but this was delicious too). Pune-chan & Lavenya were lik, "You're s'pose to pour the kurma on your rice before you take anything else lah." How was I s'pose to knw? And why'd they pick on me, there's lik 3 more others, ya knw? Lol. I had Sprite ICE, hehe. I was bursting at the seams (not literally, jus figuratively) but I realized I haven't tried the fried chicken. Chew Yong suggested we shared one. And I don't regret eating more at all. Haha. The fried chicken was marvellous (=P)!

When we were all done, went upstairs to Lavenya's room. Me & Lin Kee were messing with Pune-chan & Lavenya's shawls. Rather itchy, but ya get used to it after awhile. Looked thru pics of Lavenya's ceremony. So ruddy funny! I laughed lik mad when I saw the first pic. It was a close-up, with make up and all. Haha. But you wouldn't get it if you didn't see it. Next, we discussed abt this Friday. Got our plans settle and confirmed. All we hve to do is wait for the day to come.

Left at 415 PM. Paid our gratitude to the parents. Lavenya's dad sent us all home. Now I'm here, completing this post. It was a wonderful day! My first real Deepavalli was indeed a memorable experience. Nice weather, too, don't ya think? =)

No comments: