Thursday 31 December 2009

Dear 2009

Dear 2009,

You've been amazing. I don't think I can thank you enough for being such a wonderful year.

I'll always remember you for the people you've brought into my life. New ones and old ones. Even until the last few days of the year, you let me meet people: those that I knew and those that I have never seen in my entire life. You've really piled on surprises on me, haven't you? I guess you must feel pretty good about yourself. Haha.

And all the things you let me experience! I didn't know you had so much prepared for me. Just waiting for me to reach them. You threw so many things at me. Right from the start, you got me into all kinds of things. I thought I couldn't do it, but as is always the case with me, I went ahead with it anyway. I took on challenges I wasn't sure I was even cut out for. But you knew I was ready. You knew I needed the challenges and you knew that I would come out from it even better than before. My tears turned to joy. My stress turned to a smile. =)

You gave me so many good things. One after another, you never stopped giving. They made me appreciate you even more. Some of them
started out bad, but in retrospect, they were good things. You made me grow. You stretched me and pulled me and pushed me. I wanted to tell you that I couldn't go any further, that I reached my limit. But you wouldn't listen. You said that I could go further and I still had a long way to go before I reached my limit. And you were right.

One thing I still don't understand is why you had to come and go in a hurry. Were you in a rush? Didn't you wanna hang around? Now your time is up. But you've used your time well. Again, I thank you. I'll miss you.

Love,
Me

No comments: