Saturday 5 December 2009

Living, Breathing, Loving Life

Life doesn't happen to everyone.

Have you ever thought of that? You're alive. You're living, breathing. You're a human being with a soul. You're you. Special in every way, different in every aspect.

And this life only happens once. It doesn't happen to everyone, but when it does, it only happens once. You get one shot. It's hard, it's painful, it's complicated and we barely make it. But life is, above all else, beautiful. We love until we die. We feel until we die. Our hearts beat and break.

I look around me and I see what a scary world we live in; this temporary home of ours. It's a bad world. It really is. You read the papers and all the terrible things that happen everyday... It's really scary. Everyday I read the papers. And I'm reminded of how uncertain everything is. It doesn't matter what age you are or how much you've done (or haven't done) in your life, you never know when you might leave. Now at 17 I might say, "I'm too young to die." But even when I'm 40, I guess I'll still be saying, "I'm too young to die." We think that 24 hours in a day is not long enough. But it's enough. You're just spending it the wrong way.

Go through life knowing that you're making the most of it and giving it your best shot. Be able to tell yourself, "I'm doing my best. Everything I experience in this life, I'm making the most of it. Everyone I meet, I'm learning them, appreciating them, loving them." Stand where you are and look at what you have. Cause we always let all these moments pass us. Stand where you are and look, not just see. Then you'll be able to say that it's amazing from where you're standing. Life is amazing. There's a lot that we can give. And it's ours only for a moment.

Are you living life? Are you giving it all you've got? I wanna live life. I wanna give it all I've got. Cause it's a miracle that I'm alive. It's a miracle that life happened to me. And it's a miracle that it happened to you too.

2 comments:

SuvienLah! said...

Manda, I couldn't agree more on this! And, you won't know when you'll get called back. See like that Royce guy, son of Edaran Tan Chong Motor who died in a car crash yesterday. So sad. ): But, confirm that guy went clubbing and was tipsy lah. Eeek.

But thanks, this post is so mind-boggling. Got me pondering. Heh.


Oiiiiiiiiiiii!

Amanda H. said...

Yeah. It was that article that kinda got me writing this. Hehe. I'm glad it gave you something to think about. :) Oy! Lol.