Thursday 26 November 2009

All You Have Is Now

I am a person who is more occupied with my future plans rather than my current ones. I've always been the kind who looks ahead. And I like to have everything planned out. I wanna be in the know. What's going to happen after this year? "This is what's going to happen... " is what I would like to tell myself. But the truth is, I don't know. I haven't a clue what's going to happen. I can keep planning and figuring everything out for myself. In the end, I'm not the one who determines it.

There's the past, the present and the future. The past is real and it's always gonna be there. The present is the past rushing into the future; the point where both meet - now. And the future is what it is: some great unknown. Our lives are made up of the past, the present and the future. Equal attention must be paid to all three. Learn from the past. Live in the present. Hope in the future.

We spend a lot of time focused on the future, planning it, working toward it. But at some point you start to realize your life is happening now. Not after school, not after college, right now. This is it. It’s here. Blink and you’ll miss it. Did you say it? "You changed my life." "I love you." "I'll always remember you." All you wanted to say. Did you do it? Smile. Laugh. Cry. All you wanted to do. Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around. Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow.

2 comments:

Soon Chia said...

Oh, we're the same kind of person. I have so many plans after SPM. I think nearly all my plans for after SPM. Sometimes, we've got no choice to do it now. For example, it's impossible for me to learn guitar before SPM. there are a lot of factors behind it. time being one of them. HAHA. it's also hard to live in the now. it's funny that we plan for the future despite we don't know what's going to happen the next day. however, if we don't plan for the future, how are we going to become successful? we can't reach our goals without setting them at first. (:

Amanda H. said...

hehe. tht's why even as we keep looking ahead to the future, don't forget to look around you and see the now. it's hard to live in the present. but as long as we make every day count then we're doing our best. :)