Saturday 21 November 2009

You Could Be...

"You ever look at a picture of yourself, and see a stranger in the background? It makes you wonder how many strangers have pictures of you. How many moments of other people's life have we been in. Were we somehow destined to be there or did the shot take us by surprise? Just think, you could be a big part of someone else's life, and not even know it." - Lucas Scott, One Tree Hill

I have only lived for 17 years. I cannot claim to have been through much. Or that my eyes have seen a lot. Or that my heart has felt more than it has. But I have been through things. And my heart has felt a myriad of emotions. It has felt pain, disappointment, regret, confusion, despair and it has also felt love, hope, delight, gratitude, faith.

The quote above made me think. I may only be 17. But there is a lot in those years. Many people have crossed my path. And I have crossed many people's paths. I have been in and out of people's lives. You may not know me. But if you do, I hope that I have, in a way, impacted your life. That you are glad that we know each other. I don't want to be just another person to you. I want to be someone you remember.

I believe that everyone hopes that when they come to the end of their lives on earth, they may be able to say that they have been the best version of themselves and have been able to touch the lives of the people around them. You don't have to change someone's life. You only have to cause a slight ripple, make their lives a little brighter, give them a reason to keep on keeping on. Cause that's what life is about. People. They are all that matters. The people who were in your life and who are in your life; they're not just there by chance. There is a reason why they are there. Of all the people in the world, what are the chances that you would know the people you know right now? So be the best person that you can be to everyone who crosses your path. Cause you could be a big part of someone else's life, and it doesn't matter if you know it or you don't. Just as long as you know that you have been the best version of you.

No comments: