Wednesday 11 November 2009

Oh MGS, My School Most Dear

I went to school today and was greeted (as is the norm lately) by gasps followed by, "What're you doing here?" "Ey, you suddenly come school so many days wan." "Amanda, you're here!" Haha. All the teachers and my classmates are always so surprised whenever I appear in school. So anyway, yes, I went to school today - alone. And it was officially my last day in school (because when I'm in school for SPM, it's not official schooling period and only Form 5s are around).

School was pretty OK. The whole day felt normal until it came to the end of school. I walked really slowly and tried to take everything in. "Oh man, this is it. This is the last time I'm going to stand here in these clothes," I thought. Yeah. I'm like that. Haha. I always wanna treasure every last moment I get for whatever it is that I will never experience again. Cause I'm a person who hates goodbyes. I really do. I don't like it when good things (and yes, school is a good thing) end. But they always do, don't they? And I'm leaving this part of my life. I'll be transitioning into a whole new chapter. I'm reluctant to close this chapter but I've no control over it. *Sniff sniff* No, I'm not crying. Haha. Although my throat is a bit choked. Hehe.

I looked all around me and realized that I would miss it all so much. Puan Ting watching me sleep in Chemistry class as she explains carbon compounds. Puan Tan teaching me Add Maths with so much energy. Puan Rosnani asking me why I didn't do my work again and letting me off the hook anyway. Puan Sheila letting me speak my mind in her class. Puan Hashirene not scolding me although I never copy anything that she writes on the board. Mr Teh asking me when I'm gonna teach him to play the guitar. Puan Nadiah being patient with me when I mess around before ordering what I want at the koperasi. Yoke Pei tolerating my daily abuse. Jessica knocking me on the head whenever I say something stupid. Lynnette giving me a reason to laugh everyday. Beverlea walking all around school with me.

School is such a big part of my life. I suddenly find it hard to leave it. And yet, I have to. It all comes to an end even if I try to slow down and remember everything I see, everything I hear, everything I feel. I know that I'll always miss it. When I go to college, university and work, a part of me will always miss school. =)

I'm so happy that MGS has yellow socks XD
I'll miss you, pinafore and school shoes ='(

No comments: